Vice President of Marketing – REMOTE! – Small BioPharma
Vice President of Marketing (REMOTE ROLE)
My client, a small biopharmaceutical company based in North Carolina, is focused on the development and commercialization of products that address unmet patient needs. They are deeply passionate and committed to the discovery, engineering, and development required to bring novel therapies to patients who need them most and to the healthcare providers who care for them.
Their current drive is toward improving the treatment of pulmonary hypertension. They will continue to combine their proprietary technology with new and established medications, offering the potential for both better precision and improved clinical outcomes.
Their team members include some of the industry’s top scientists, clinicians, business strategists, engineers, and pharmaceutical executives. They work together to help people lead longer, healthier, and happier lives.
Currently seeking a Vice President Marketing to join their growing team. You will be a key member of the commercial leadership team and will report direct to the CCO.
This role can be remote if you are not in North Carolina!
- 10+ years (predominantly US focused) pharmaceutical marketing experience
- HCP and patient marketing experience (in both personal and non-personal channels)
- Experience in small to mid-size companies
- Launch experience
- Strong team leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and champion brand strategy
- Commercialization through specialty pharmacy distribution is a plus
- Orphan product experience is a plus
- Pharma sales experience is a plus
- POSITION CAN BE REMOTE
The Vice President of Marketing will be responsible for all facets of marketing for the anticipated launch of a product used to treat patients with PH, a rare, life-threatening disease. You will report directly to the Chief Commercial Officer and be a key leader driving the success of our anticipated product launch.
As the lead marketer, you will have full control and responsibility for the marketing strategy, creative campaign, tactical plan, and operational implementation of healthcare professional (HCP) and patient marketing. You will lead and coach a brand team to achieve marketing objectives and exceed financial targets.
Externally, you will develop the company’s position as a leader in PH. You will build strong relationships with the HCP and patient communities as well as key advocacy organizations.
- Create the HCP and patient marketing strategy, including positioning, messaging, campaign, and marketing objectives. Communicate marketing strategy to the organization, ensuring consistency across all customer touchpoints
- Act as key member of commercial leadership team to chart overall strategy across marketing, sales, and market access. Coordinate closely with key functions such as medical affairs, finance, and human resources
- Implement an effective tactical plan, including “personal” tactics through the sales force and “nonpersonal” tactics such as digital and advertising. Lead these projects through the process of development, approval, and production, including medical/legal/regulatory review
- Lead and coach members of brand team
- Lead partnership with agency of record and other external vendors such as market research, digital agencies, printers, and consultants to enable effective and efficient project execution
- Partner with the sales team to drive execution in the field and adapt based on feedback
- Manage finance processes including budgeting, contracting, and invoice payment
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a closely related field required; MBA or master’s degree preferred
- Strong track- record of success, including product launch experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead brand strategy and champion this strategy across an organization
- Significant HCP and patient marketing experience across personal and non-personal channels
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical marketing experience, predominantly on US marketing teams and with significant time at small to mid-size pharma
- 5+ years of management/leadership experience
- Outstanding work ethic and ability to execute in an ambiguous environment
- Experience commercializing through specialty pharmacy distribution channel preferred
- Previous sales experience preferred
- Experience working on high value and/or orphan disease products in cardio or pulmonary therapeutic areas