Senior Product Manager, Digital/Omnichannel Marketing – Specialty Pharmaceutical – North Carolina OR REMOTE!
Senior Product Manager, Digital/Omnichannel Marketing
My client, a small, private global specialty pharmaceutical company located in North Carolina, is committed to the development and commercialization of products for the hospitals, rare disease and adjacent specialty care settings. They adhere to a series of values in the pursuit of their company objectives, applying them on a daily basis to the work they carry out in their relationships with employees and partners.
This company’s primary focus is on people: the people they serve in the healthcare community, the people whose lives are touched by their products and services, and their employees. They are striving to build their company, their family and their community. They have been awarded Top Employer status for six consecutive years and are certified as a Great Place to work.
Their environment encourages each individual to reach his or her full potential and drive outstanding results. With a collaborative culture they celebrate the direct connection between how they perform and what they achieve. You have an opportunity to work with this great company to help improve the lives of people with acute, rare and chronic disease.
The company offers a competitive package, which includes base, bonus, and a cash LTI program. They also have fantastic benefits, including free gym membership!
Currently seeking a Senior Product Manager, Digital/Omnichannel Marketing to join this team. This person will have the opportunity to build the function and the team!!
- 5+ years of experience in pharmaceutical DIGITAL marketing (client side OR agency)
- Experience developing and executing digital strategies
- Strong cross-functional team experience
- Demonstrated leadership success, including building and/or leading a team or department OR proven readiness for this step
- Strong project management, analytical thinking, and budget management skills
- Experience collaborating with Customer Experience teams a plus
- ROLE CAN BE BASED IN NORTH CAROLINA OR REMOTE
The Senior Product Manager, Digital Marketing will primarily lead the development, planning and implementation of the overall omnichannel marketing strategy affecting key customer segments across the organization’s diverse portfolio of products, which touch the therapeutic areas of Hospital-Critical Care, Neonatology, and Cystic Fibrosis. This role will partner and align closely with key stakeholders representing Marketing, Customer Experience, Business Excellence, as well as various field-based customer-facing teams. To ensure the Digital Marketing Team’s efforts are optimized, this role will regularly assess external digital opportunities and threats, as well as evaluate and evolve current approaches. It will support the effective use of the company’s new and future technology solutions through interaction with corporate colleagues in Parma, Italy and Boston, MA. Significantly, this leader will foster the development and growth of the Digital Marketing Team.
- 20% – Drive Implementation of an Enterprise-wide Omnichannel Marketing Strategy:
- Lead development and execution of an omnichannel digital strategy for engaging patients, health care professionals and other key stakeholders in a post-COVID-19 world as the role of virtual engagements and other digital capabilities continue to evolve
- Provide ongoing strategic leadership to the Marketing team and other cross-functional stakeholders that improves our shared customers’ experience through more impactful digital content, design and media mix
- Maintain a view of the competitive landscape and a broad perspective across the pharma industry with a focus on digital innovation, accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies
- 40% – Enable Marketing’s Operational Integration of an Omnichannel Marketing Strategy:
- Partner with brand marketers to understand brand objectives, customer strategies and tactical plans and support each through recommended omnichannel marketing recommendations
- Through close collaboration with CX and Business Analytics teams inform digital marketing recommendations based on CX practices and methodologies; advanced data and analytics; and available marketing content and technologies
- Define governance processes and metrics to conduct and evaluate digital experimentation efforts and to integrate learnings across brands. Gather and analyze information, test use cases and assumptions, and work closely with the Marketing team to create an environment that fosters continuous improvement and learning
- Collaborate with local stakeholders and corporate partners to ensure effective use of the company’s new global MAP/CRM platform and other future systems
- 20% – Effectively Plan and Execute:
- Effectively manage multiple agency partners to produce high-quality deliverables within timelines and allocated budget
- Gain approval for digital assets through internal review process
- Manage large-scale departmental or cross-departmental projects (as assigned)
- 15% – Manage and Develop Digital Marketing Team:
- Build and lead a team of agile subject matter experts who offer customer-oriented and performance-driven ideas, think analytically, and deliver upon operational commitments
- Ensure team effectively works with the Marketing team and other cross-functional teams
- 5% – Manage Personal Development:
- Partner with manager to develop and execute personal development plan
- Attend/complete educational programs to enhance skills and knowledge in designated areas
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited university, MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical digital marketing
- Demonstrated leadership success in management, including building and/or leading a team or department OR proven readiness for this step
- Proven track record of leading successful customer experience & digital transformation projects
- Within a matrixed environment, able to manage multiple tasks and multi-functional resources concurrently while maintaining high attention to detail and while responding to rapidly changing priorities and aggressive deadlines
- Strong cross-functional team leadership experience
- Experience in developing and executing strategic digital campaigns
- Strong project management, analytical thinking, and budget management skills
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and strategic relationship building
- Business Acumen – Ability to make good judgments and profitable business decisions. Understanding how business operations are related to meeting customer needs
- Coaching – Work to improve the immediate performance of others; facilitates their skill development; and gives feedback in a manner that facilitates confidence and maintains self-esteem
- Collaboration – Developing and using collaborative relationships (inside and outside the organization) to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals. Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or other organizations to help achieve goals
- Creativity/Innovation Driver – foster a climate that encourages creativity and innovation. Allow others to challenge and disagree. Take prudent risks to accomplish goals and assume responsibility in the face of uncertainty or challenge. Champion new, untested ideas and build support for those ideas among stakeholders. Celebrate successes and worthy attempts at innovation and learn from failures. Build and maintain open channels of communication for the sharing of ideas and knowledge throughout the organization
- Customer Service-Oriented – Is committed to continuous improvement of services; works with clients and customers, the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside government to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services
- External Awareness – Understands and keeps up to date on local, national, and international policies and trends that affect the organization and shape stakeholders’ views; is aware of the organization’s impact on the external environment
- High Productivity – Produces consistent, high quality and quantity of outputs and meaningful results that contribute to the agency mission and strategic goal. Is efficient in producing results that are delivered on time or before. Able to multi-task productively because is well-organized; applies time management processes and procedures effectively
- Integrity/Honesty – Displays high standards of ethical conduct and honesty; contributes to maintaining the integrity of the organization; understands the impact of violating these standards on an organization, self and others; is trustworthy; refrains from theft or dishonest behavior
- Leadership – Develops and uses effective strategies, change management and interpersonal skills to influence others toward the accomplishment of identified objectives
- Partnering – Develops networks and builds alliances; collaborates across boundaries to build strategic relationships and achieve common goals
- Team Player/Collaborator – Working effectively in teams and/or outside the formal lines of authority to accomplish organizational goals; taking actions that respect the needs and contributions of others; contributing to and accepting consensus; subordinating own objectives to the organization or team
- Technical Competence – Uses knowledge that is acquired through formal training or extensive on-the-job experience to perform one’s job; works with, understands, and evaluates technical information related to the job; advises others on technical issues