Senior Director Privacy Officer (Hybrid)
For IMMEDIATE consideration, send your resume to email@example.com
Parkwood has been retained to find this healthcare system a Senior Director Privacy Officer. This is one of the largest faith-based, non-profit healthcare systems in Texas, and has over 25 campuses spread throughout the market! I have placed with this system several times and can tell you about their financial viability, their culture, and their constant aim towards excellent patient care.
Some of their awards include:
- 2021 Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
- Becker’s Healthcare “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” (4 years running)
- “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
- A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
This Senior Director will give oversight and direction to all entity privacy officers and have three direct reports. Their role would be to develop and implement system-wide HIPPA Privacy policies and programs. They will also oversee and supervise the privacy breach compliant system, investigation, and resolution. This person will also sit on multiple councils and committees to ensure system-wide consistency in regulatory and policy compliance.
This person will report to the Chief Compliance Officer, who is looking for someone who proactively shares knowledge, creates self-sufficiency in the team, and who can hold staff accountable. They need to have a unique understanding that every hospital will have a different culture and adapt their communication style accordingly. They also need to be able to lean into challenging conversations with leaders, justifying privacy decisions with research-backed data that can tell a story as to why that decision was made.
This is a hybrid working schedule, with the expectation to live in the Dallas/Fort Worth Texas Market. This schedule will vary based on the needs of the hospitals. Some weeks you might come in a few times, then there might be weeks where you don’t come in at all.
Salary Range: The midpoint for this salary range is $147,534, based on years of experience, education, and how well you do in the interview. There is also a Management Incentive Bonus and relocation assistance to those living outside of the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s Degree Preferred
- Licenses and Certifications
- CHPC – Certified in Healthcare Privacy Compliance preferred
- 5 Years of Healthcare Privacy Officer experience in a multiple-hospital environment including experience in health information privacy regulations, policies, and processes.
- Understanding of revenue cycle and reimbursement for federally funded programs and private payers required.