Nurse Manager – NICU
Fort Worth, Texas
Are you looking for a rewarding career with family-friendly hours and top-notch benefits?
Our compassionate and multidisciplinary team on our 63-Bed Level III Neonatal ICU cares for micro-preemies, multiples, high-risk and ill infants and is a regional referral center for high-risk deliveries. We have over 600 NICU admissions per year and offer a 24-hour open visiting policy for parents plus a Peek-A-Boo NICU Crib Cam. Our NICU received the AEIX Award for improving admission temperatures in Very Low Birthweight Infants.
We are proud to be a Baby-Friendly designated facility, Texas Mother-Friendly Worksite and named “Best Place to Have a Baby” by FortWorth Child magazine readers.
- Plan, organize, and delegate activities as required for safe, efficient, and effective operation of the unit including active participation with other hospital departments and leadership to accomplish this purpose.
- Provide resources and guidance to support the utilization of evidence based practice standards.
- Identify and utilize processes and resources that support optimal delivery of data and information to staff.
- Facilitate activities that prepare unit, environment, and staff to meet credentialing bodies requirements.
- Identify key drivers in throughput process, evaluate areas role, and develop solutions to barriers.
- Plan, manage, patient care processes to improve performance.
- Facilitate delivery of quality patient care.
- Require documentation that meets hospital and credentialing standards/policy/guidelines.
- Demonstrates positive supportive role in change process.
- Responsible for staffing based on patient care needs.
- Responsible for personnel functions including staff, performance reviews and corrective action.
- Promote professional growth and development of all employees.
- Supports diversity and inclusion in the organization.
- Recognize and reward individual and team accomplishments.
- Promote staff retention.
- Facilitate new staff orientation.
- Supports shared decision-making through the unit-based council.
- Bachelor’s Degree Nursing Required
- Other – CLIAFE Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign education equivalency Required
- Masters Preferred
- 3 Years progressive leadership experience Required
- 5 Years experience in clinical area Required
- NICU Experince Strongly Preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- RN – Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required
- BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly Required
- NRP – Essential Neonatal Resuscitation Program with in 90 Days Required
- NRPA-Advanced Neonatal Resuscitation Program with in 90 Days Required
For IMMEDIATE consideration, send your resume to email@example.com for more information!