Manager/Senior Manager Primary Market Research – Central New Jersey Pharma
Central, New Jersey
Manager/Senior Manager, Primary Market Research
My client, a large generic pharmaceutical company is based in Central New Jersey, rapidly building their BRANDED presence. They manufacture, market and distribute pharmaceuticals to the nation’s largest wholesalers, distributors, warehousing and non-warehousing chain drugstores as well as managed care providers.
Their goal is to continue to develop and market quality products that bring value to their customers and ultimately the patient. Current manufacturing capabilities allow them to develop products across most therapeutic categories.
They believe their people are an invaluable asset. Their culturally diverse workforce is one of their biggest strengths, along with the rich experience they bring across varied skillsets. They are proud that their global workforce is bound by their common values.
Currently seeking a Manager/Senior Manager, Primary Market Research for the BRANDED division. This is an exciting role as you will have exposure to the CEO, as well as opportunity to learn other areas of commercial operations if you desire as this hiring manager has responsibility for 6 functions within commercial operations and has a history of developing and promoting her team!
- US focused pharmaceutical market research experience
- Primary market research experience required, along with secondary integration
- Buy and Bill experience required
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Will consider client side or vendor side experience
- IQVIA data, patient data, claims data, or Symphony Health data experience are a plus
- Forecasting experience is a plus
- Marketing or Sales experience is a plus
- Managed Care experience is a plus
- Launch experience is a plus
- Consulting experience is a plus
- Hybrid role, position based out of Central New Jersey (in office 2 days/week) – Will provide full relocation
The Manager/Senior Manager, Market Research is of critical importance, as this individual will be responsible for leading the development of Commercial operational processes, strategy, and analytics. The overall objective of the role is to lead the design and execution of primary research that spans multiple products and indications as a contributor for the Market Insights and Analytics team. He/she will be responsible for delivering high quality business insights for the company’s current and future product decision making.
This individual will work closely with marketing teams to design strategic research plans to address business questions, inform strategy development and support portfolio planning. Responsibilities include vendor management, development, planning and management of primary market research studies, integration of secondary data insights and presentation of insights to cross-functional teams. She/He will serve as an internal consultant to marketing by providing meaningful and actionable strategic insights, thereby helping key internal stakeholders make informed strategic decisions. This individual will collaborate closely with key internal stakeholders (Marketing, Sales, Commercial Effectiveness, IT, Patient Services, Legal, Compliance) to accomplish the responsibilities of this role.
- Be a strategic partner to the commercial teams to lead the design and delivery of high quality, actionable business insights by conducting market research projects in support of pipeline, prelaunch, and inline products
- Lead in-depth situation analyses and SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) of relevant disease areas in support of the annual brand planning process
- Lead strategic insights workshops to convert data from primary or secondary market research projects to insights and to answer Key Business Questions (KBQs)
- Co-lead annual forecasting cycle working closely with forecasting team
- Create and manage budgets for the brands
- Bachelors in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- At least 4+ years of pharmaceutical/biotech commercial experience
- Knowledge of secondary data analytics & forecasting, and consulting experience are a plus
- Experience working with third party data such as IQVIA, Symphony Health, other claims and EMR are pluses
- Additional experience in Consulting, Managed care, Marketing, or sales is a plus
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, and be well versed in Microsoft Office applications