Director, US Patient Marketing – Neurology – Boston Biotech
Director, US Patient Marketing – Neurology
My client, a global, publicly traded, rare disease division of a larger pharma company, is based in Boston MA. They combine groundbreaking science with a steadfast commitment to meeting the needs of patients living with severe, life-threatening, and often ultra-rare diseases. The company’s scientists are among the first in the world to unlock the therapeutic potential of inhibiting terminal complement, a group of that play an important role in the body’s immune response and can destroy healthy tissue in certain patients. They are driven by the following values: Find Answers, Change the World, and Create a Legacy.
This patient-centric organization offers a collaborative culture of like-minded individuals gathered around a common goal. Smart, driven, high-performing colleagues for you to partner with! Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you can make a real difference!
They have the best of both worlds at this organization…the autonomy to be the experts in the field that they are, but also the backing and resources of large pharma to support them. They have a solid rare disease pipeline with 8-10 launches anticipated in the next couple of years!
Currently seeking a Director, US Patient Marketing – Neurology.
- Solid marketing experience in pharma
- Combination of CPG & pharma experience is a plus
- Patient marketing experience strongly desired but not absolute
- Combination of strategic and tactical experience and desire
- Ability to understand the science
- Is a team player with empathy, maturity and ability to be ambassador to patient community
- Ability to roll up sleeves and get hands dirty
- Rare disease, neurology, sales, and launch experience are plusses
- Position can be based out of Boston or Delaware office. 3 days/week in office, 2 days/week from home
The Director, US Patient Marketing – Neurology is a member of the commercial brand team and will play a critical role in developing and driving strategy and tactics for patient and caregiver engagement.
This individual will be responsible for developing the patient marketing plan in partnership with the brand team.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of the US patient marketing strategy, including tactics and budget allocation
- Partner with commercial insights to conduct innovative research / analytics to help identify key dynamics
- Lead creation and execution of innovative patient education tactics to support patient identification and retention
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other functional areas and internal strategic partners (i.e. Sales, TLLs, Training, OneSource, Promotional Review Committee, Medical, Regulatory, Clinical, Legal, Compliance, etc.)
- Drive development and implementation of core marketing initiatives in a competitive environment
- Communicate via written and oral presentations about marketing progress to commercial and medical leadership
- Works with the highest degree of professionalism and in accordance with the company’s code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- 8+ years of professional experience; prefer marketing, sales, agency, public relations or health care experience
- Commercial experience with demonstrated success in marketing is critical, preferably patient focused but will consider HCP as well
- Rare disease/high-value biologics experience is a plus
- Strong scientific orientation and background
- High learning agility
- High level of interpersonal skills and highly adept in both verbal & written communication
- Ability to travel 25%+ of time
- Experience engaging with patient associations is a plus