Director of Strategic Marketing – Nashville, TN
Director of Strategic Marketing
My client, a large, gold-standard healthcare system, with corporate headquarters located in Nashville, Tennessee, is dedicated to giving people a healthier tomorrow. This company is excited about the future of medicine and they believe they are uniquely positioned to play a leading role in the transformation of care.
Many things set this company apart from other healthcare organizations, however at their core, their greatest strength is their people. Their collective focus positively impacts the care experience at the bedside and beyond. They eagerly embrace the challenges of their profession and welcome new opportunities to grow and make a positive impact.
What matters most to them is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. They never settle for status quo. They are proud of the impact they have in their communities through employment, investment and charitable giving. Just like a family, they pull together to care for, support and celebrate with each other.
They provide amazing benefits, including onsite fitness center, a subsidized cafeteria, and onsite daycare! And it’s NASHVILLE, aka “Music City”!!! Tons of festivals, a taste of the south, great schools. And let’s not forget the great outdoors! Hot, but never unbearable summers and MILD winters to enjoy the parks and other outdoor activities. Yet maybe the best? NO STATE INCOME TAX!!!
This healthcare system has ownership in 3 GPOs. I am currently seeking a Director of Strategic Marketing to lead the marketing for one of these GPOs.
This role will be best suited for a current strong Senior Product Manager or an Associate Director.
- 8+ years of pharma/device B2B marketing experience
- GPO marketing experience is a strong plus
- A strategist that can write marketing plans, then roll up their sleeves and tactically execute them (this is an entity of 1 though you will have use of a creative team, etc.)
- Strong writing skills (must be able to write a core message document, a one-page ad, a solid marketing plan, etc.)
- Non-acute care experience required (experience marketing to physician offices, outpatient surgery centers, LTC facilities, etc.)
- Polished, poised and effective presence, communication and presentation skills
- MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE – NON-NEGOTIABLE. THIS IS AN IN-OFFICE 5 DAYS/WEEK ROLE. RELOCATION PROVIDED
The Strategic Marketing Director is an advanced, B2B marketer with the ability to quickly grasp and identify in-depth business and marketplace knowledge and translate it into effective, annual strategic marketing plans and go-to-market tactics that drive the business forward to achieve annual financial/growth objectives.
The Director will create impactful promotions and collateral that promotes to existing GPO membership as well as prospective members. You will support the development and execution of marketing strategies that uniquely reach critical stakeholders. You will help shape brand identity, lead development of resources and help deliver on the GPO’s commitment to its membership. This role will require close collaboration across internal marketing teams and GPO business leaders. The ideal candidate is a critical thinker who brings a smart creative approach to marketing that’s grounded by validated insights.
- Lead all branding initiatives for assigned division: craft key messaging and positioning
- Lead annual strategic planning and 3-year planning
- Create and executive annual marketing plans in alignment with business growth objectives and strategy
- Grow GPO membership
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategy, inclusive of branding and value prop
- Promote and cross-sell the entire portfolio of offerings (contracts, products and services) to support the goal of peak performance optimization and procurement savings
- Work with Sales Team to generate leads and nurture through the funnel
- Develop strategies, tactics and messaging to support alliances, ensuring brand continuity
Must be a quick study who can establish effective working relationships with internal subject matter experts to intimately understand their business offerings and support the following responsibilities:
- Lead the development and execution of an annual strategic marketing plan inclusive of market research, marketing campaigns and successful advertising and public relations efforts
- Orchestrate commercialization for segment or product launches to include all programs and activities surrounding new product/service introduction into the market, market-conditioning, market research/analytics, forecast market potential and sales goals
- Develop and execute comprehensive go-to-market plans to support our primary business line growth, service line strategies and company goals
- Collaborate with senior leadership, service line owners and contracting experts to write content for sales collateral, How-to-Sell documents, presentations, case studies, web content and sales training
- Develop promotional material; email marketing campaigns and collateral resource library to support assigned business/product/services. Responsible for all digital assets, including websites
- Lead tradeshow and conference strategy
- Working in a cross-functional team, partner with account management to support deeper vertical penetration with strategic accounts
- Participate as member of the Leadership team in all business planning and monthly operating meetings of assigned division
- Demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving capability and able to apply to both organization and business planning
- Analyze all aspects of assigned lines of business to proactively identify new opportunities, programs, strategies for growing the business in current and new customer segments/distribution channels
- Ability to assess new market and/or customer segments and development of appropriate strategies and tactics to drive penetration. Conduct landscape assessments
- Develop creative and strategic insights about customer needs through collaboration with other departments and functions within the organization as well as directly with members
- Lead market research: execute and interpret primary or secondary research to generate key strategic insights, assess market potentials, etc.
- Collect and analyze member feedback, competitive intelligence, market research and trends, and other data points associated. Transform relevant customer insights into commercial output and development and execution of key initiatives
- Willing and able to “Roll up sleeves” and execute plans – Must be a strategist who can tactically execute
- Interface between the Marketing department and others to ensure deliverables are developed and deadlines met for tradeshows, region events, collateral, email campaigns, web promotions and advertising
- Obtain necessary legal review and approval of materials, as appropriate
- Will successfully move market share, deepen penetration and grow the GPO membership
- Analyze all aspects of the business to proactively identify new opportunities and new customer segments, strategies for growing adherence in current members, cross-selling and programs to support sales to generate and nurture leads through the funnel
- Work with the PR team to identify and execute public relations efforts that align to branding and messaging
- Identify and develop new topics and ideas to expand our thought leadership in the marketplace
- Initiate processes for media inquiry responses and crisis communications, working closely with executive leadership to seek agreement on messaging strategy, timing and delivery
- Develop high-visibility press releases to promote our services, joint ventures and company growth
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing and/or Marketing Communications required; Master’s degree in marketing, communications, business and/or healthcare preferred
- 8 years of B2B marketing experience in pharmaceutical or medical device, experience marketing to either Outpatient Surgery Centers, private practices or LTC facilities
- Candidate must be an experienced and effective business copywriter as this position requires heavy focus writing for all related deliverables
- Marketing experience for a GPO is a plus
- Excellent PowerPoint and presentation skills a strong plus
- Sound analytical skills, with the ability to interpret, analyze and make recommendations based on trends, insights and reports
- Advanced ability to work with subject matter experts to grasp complex business subjects and effectively translate information via multiple marketing channels
- Knowledge of marketing best practices a must
- Communications: Requires superior written and verbal communication skills. Presentation and communication skills must be excellent in order to build credibility and engage cross-functional teams
- Skilled at synthesizing disparate ideas/concepts and developing a mutually agreed vision
- Must have a collaborative nature and proven ability to influence and play a significant role in cross-functional teams
- Experienced in project management, possessing a high degree of organization, attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Skilled at managing both internal customer expectations and resolving any group conflicts
- Must be able to make decisions in a complex, fast-paced business environment while balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Must have attention to detail, a commitment to quality, results driven and customer focused
- Experienced working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with various personalities across multiple levels of the organization
- Must demonstrate excellent writing skills and marketing acumen, leveraging the full range of marketing mix/Omni channel approaches
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in one or more of these: Healthcare/B2B/GPO marketing