Associate Director, Pricing – New Product Strategy – Boston Biotech
Associate Director, Pricing – New Product Strategy
My client, a global, publicly traded, rare disease division of a larger pharma company, is based in Boston MA. They combine groundbreaking science with a steadfast commitment to meeting the needs of patients living with severe, life-threatening, and often ultra-rare diseases. The company’s scientists are among the first in the world to unlock the therapeutic potential of inhibiting terminal complement, a group of that play an important role in the body’s immune response and can destroy healthy tissue in certain patients. They are driven by the following values: Find Answers, Change the World, and Create a Legacy.
This patient-centric organization offers a collaborative culture of like-minded individuals gathered around a common goal. Smart, driven, high-performing colleagues for you to partner with! Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you can make a real difference!
They have the best of both worlds at this organization…the autonomy to be the experts in the field that they are, but also the backing and resources of large pharma to support them. They have a solid rare disease pipeline with 8-10 launches anticipated in the next couple of years!
Currently seeking an Associate Director, Pricing – New Product Strategy responsible for providing the pricing and reimbursement strategic input as part of the commercial assessment for new products internally developed or externally acquired by the company via M&A, partnerships, alliances.
- 5-7 years market access experience, including strong pricing experience required
- Some global experience required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as projects are quick turn-around
- Specialty product experience required. Rare disease experience is a plus.
- Pre-clinical experience is a plus
- Management consultancy experience will be considered
- Commercial assessment pricing experience is a plus
- MUST BE VACCINATED
- POSITION WILL BE BASED IN BOSTON (Can work from home 2 days/week)
As the Pricing Lead, New Product Strategy You will work with our Research team on cutting edge compounds (oligonucleotides, mRNA, gene therapies) to deliver life changing medicines to patients globally through innovative and sustainable access solutions. The ideal candidate for this role must have a good clinical understanding of products’ development combined with a deep knowledge of global payer / HTA / health care systems within the rare disease biopharma industry.
- Develop Global market access and pricing strategies in close partnership with New Product Strategy team
- Conduct payer and value assessments to identify key market specific P&R drivers and barriers to develop differentiated value propositions, inform evidence generation plans, regulatory strategy, and development decisions
- Represent GVAP perspective and strategy across various cross-functional teams (including Global Program Teams, Global Launch Teams)
- Keep up to date with scientific and market developments, bringing the latest techniques and analyses to build the strongest possible value proposition
- Partner with HEOR and development teams to execute a plan to address identified data gaps through HEOR studies, publications, and messaging
- Understand the patient perspective of the disease and recommend strategies that can support the patient voice
- Communicate frequently and effectively with the company’s leadership and other identified stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree a plus
- 5-7 years of experience in a market access or payer strategy function, including pricing strategy
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment on quick turn-around projects
- Global experience required
- Specialty product experience is required. Rare disease experience is a plus.
- Relevant drug development exposure and commercialization experience within the
- pharmaceutical/medical industry
- Knowledge of the needs and expectations of national and regional payers, insurers, and commercial customers in major markets
- Prior rare disease therapy area expertise is a plus
- Demonstrate ability to take initiative and consistently deliver high-quality work products
- Experience working with clinicians, pharmacists, and payers on evidence-based customer solutions, e.g. through working with local payers in EU or commercial customers in the US, preferred
- Excellence and precision in communication: credible and persuasive, preferred